The Visual Effects Society (VES) announced nominees for the 15th Annual VES Awards today. We’re honored that our VFX colleagues have recognized the work of artists from Deluxe’s Iloura and Method Studios with nominations for outstanding achievement in visual effects for work on “Game of Thrones” “Battle of the Bastards” episode and Terrence Malick’s “Voyage of Time.” Nominees from Deluxe include:
- loura’s Dominic Hellier, Morgan Jones, Thijs Noij and Caleb Thompson for Outstanding Compositing in a Photoreal Episode for “Game of Thrones” “Battle of the Bastards”
- Iloura’s Kevin Blom, Sasmit Ranadive, Wanghua Huang and Ben Andersen for Outstanding Effects Simulations in an Episode, Commercial, or Real-Time Project for “Game of Thrones” “Battle of the Bastards”
- Iloura’s Glenn Melenhorst for Outstanding Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode for “Game of Thrones” “Battle of the Bastards” (shared with Joe Bauer, Steve Kullback, Matthew Rouleau and Sam Conway)
- Iloura’s Drew Wood Davies for Outstanding Virtual Cinematography in a Photoreal Project for “Game of Thrones” “Battle of the Bastards” (shared with Patrick Tiberius Gehlen, Michelle Blok, and Christopher Baird)
- Method Studios’ Dan Glass and Brian Delmonico for Outstanding Visual Effects in a Special Venue Project for “Voyage of Time: The IMAX Experience” (shared with Brett Harding, Tom Debenham and Matt Pullman)
Awards will be presented at the VES Awards show gala on February 7, 2017 at the Beverly Hilton hotel. Congrats to all the nominees! The full list can be viewed here.